What We do in Cardiology Unit
The Department of Cardiology is housed with state-of-the-art facilities providing a wide range of procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease including cardiac catheterization amongst other procedures. The department work 24 hours for the emergency cases. We have a well equipped CCU for cardiac and coronary cases under supervision of well trained CCU staff.
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography For:
- Treatment of chest pain and - suspicious of ischemia.
- Ischemia after surgical operations.
- Dilatation with ballooning to know the efficiency of heart muscle with exertion.
- Tips to Assist Weight Reduction:
- Detection of significance & risk stratification of arrhythmia.
- Follow up of efficiency of anti arrhythmic drugs.
- Detection of proximal arrhythmia not recorded by resting E.C.G.
- Follow up of ischemic patient to detect S/T change (silent) - for assessment of the total ischemic burden.
- Detection of cardiac causes of unexplained syncope.